Section 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we inform you pursuant to Article 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) about the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data that can refer to you personally, such as name, address, e-mail addresses, or user behavior.
(2) Data controller pursuant to Article 4 (7) of the GDPR is
Elbinger Strasse 7
60487 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Bugl & Kollegen GmbH
Represented by Managing Directors:
Alexander Bugl, Martina Bugl
93057 Regensburg, Germany
(3) We store the data you provide (your e-mail address, including your name, and phone number, where appropriate) in order to answer your questions when you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form. We delete this data once their storage is no longer necessary, or we restrict processing if we are subject to statutory retention obligations.
(4) If we rely on contracted providers for individual features of our offering, or we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, please see details of the respective processes below. Details are also given of the identified criteria for storage duration.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
– pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR, to obtain information about data concerning you that are processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored; the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing, or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint, to information on the source of your data, where these have not been collected from you, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the logic involved;
– pursuant to Article 16 of the GDPR, to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data, or to have incomplete personal data completed;
– pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR, to obtain from us the erasure of personal data stored by us, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
– pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR, to obtain from us restriction of processing of your personal data if the accuracy of these data is contested by you, if the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, and if we no longer need the personal data, but these are required by you for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
– pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR, to receive your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to have those data transmitted to another controller;
– pursuant to Article 7 (3) of the GDPR to withdraw your consent given to us at any time. As a consequence, we will not be permitted to continue the data processing based on said consent in the future; and
– pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority in your habitual place of residence, place of work, or location of our legal offices.
(2) You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data
Hesse Commissioner for Data Protection
Gustav-Stresemann-Ring 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, Germany
Postfach 31 63, 65021 Wiesbaden, Germany
Phone: (+49-611) 14080
Fax: (+49-611) 1408-900
Section 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you use the website purely for information purposes, that is, you do not register or send us information in another manner, we only collect the personal data sent by your browser to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which are required for technical purposes in order to show our website to you and which guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1) 1 f) of the GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Transferred data volume
– Website from which the request originates
– Operating system and interface
– Browser software language and version
(2) You need to register on our website in advance if you are interested in free webinars/free events/free use of test environments (trial request)/free content downloads. Data are processed as part of the registration process on the legal basis indicated in Article 6 1 b) and f) of the GDPR, and, where required, will be described in detail as part of the registration process:
– Company address
– First and last name
– Position in company
– E-mail address
– Phone number
(3) In addition to the data referred to above, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser that can be used by the entity setting the cookie (in this case, us) to obtain certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make websites more user-friendly and efficient.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies. The scope and function is explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c)
– Third party cookies (see d)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. These include in particular session cookies. They store a session ID that can be used to assign different requests by your browser to a shared session. They allow your computer to be recognized the next time you visit our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a predefined period that may differ from one cookie to another. You can delete cookies in your browser security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your requirements and refuse to accept third party cookies, or all cookies, for example. Please bear in mind that in this case you may not be able to use all the features of this website.
Section 4 Use and transmission of personal data
Matrix42 GmbH has contracted external service providers to collect, process, and use personal data on behalf of and in accordance with instructions given by Matrix42 GmbH The service providers support Matrix42 GmbH, in particular with hosting and operating the websites and blogs, with market research and opinion polling, compiling statistics, with marketing activities and improving the websites, and with sending e-mail newsletters.
Transfer to third countries
Matrix42 GmbH is a global company. Therefore, it may be necessary to forward your personal data to local subsidiary companies or to local sales partners and service providers of Matrix42 GmbH, whose registered offices may also be in countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA), in order to better process your request and/or as part of the support activities described above. These countries may have adopted data protection standards that are different from those of your place of residence. Please note that data that are processed in another country may be subject to other laws and may be accessible to the authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies, and regulators in those countries.
Data will only be transferred to third countries if the Commission has decided that the third country in question offers an adequate level of protection or provides appropriate assurances to this effect, for example, in the form of standard contractual clauses or via certification under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Furthermore, Matrix42 GmbH will not transmit your data to other third parties, unless it is obligated to do so by law or under the orders of government authorities, or unless you have given your consent for the purposes described in detail in the consent given.
Section 5 Sending information by e-mail
Provided you have given your e-mail address to Matrix42 GmbH for communication/advertising purposes, Matrix42 GmbH will use these data to communicate with you based on your interests/to send you advertising. With respect to all e-mail communication with Matrix42 GmbH, you have the option to unsubscribe in order not to receive any further information in the future. You can use the E-mail Preference Center found in the footer of each e-mail you receive with Matrix42 GmbH promotional content to manage the e-mails sent to you by Matrix42 GmbH.
Section 6 Consent, right of withdrawal, and objection
We will always ask for your explicit consent and log any such consent in accordance with data protection regulations if we use your data for a certain purpose that demands your consent in accordance with statutory provisions. You may withdraw any consent given with future effect at any time and/or object to any future use of your data for advertising, market research, or opinion polling purposes. A brief message will suffice in order to withdraw your consent or object to any future use. In order to do this, you may use the aforementioned contact details without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs in accordance with the basic tariffs.
Section 7 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files stored on your computer to help analyze how you use the website. The information generated by cookies about your use of this website will typically be transmitted to a Google server in the European Union and stored there. Google uses this information, on behalf of the operator of this website, to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services relating to website activity and Internet usage for the website operator.
(2) The IP address transferred to us by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with any other data held by Google.
(3) You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate setting in your browser software. However, please bear in mind that if you do this you may not be able to use all the features of this website. You can also prevent the collection by Google of data generated by cookies about your use of the website (including your IP address), and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” add-on. This means that IP addresses are further processed in shortened form so that a link to a person can be ruled out. If a link can be established to a person through data collected from you, such data are discarded immediately and the personal data are promptly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website and make regular improvements to it. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offering and make it more attractive to you as a user. In exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the U.S., Google is certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) 1 f) of the GDPR.
(6) Details of third party supplier: Google Dublin, Google Ireland, Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: (+35-31) 436 1001.
General information on data privacy: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=de#infocollect
User terms and conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
Section 8 Using the remarketing or “similar audiences” feature of Google, Inc.
Section 9 Use of Google AdWords conversion tracking
We use the Google AdWords online advertising program and conversion tracking as part of Google AdWords. Google conversion tracking is an analytics service of Google, Inc. (“Google”) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA).
When you click an ad served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is placed on your computer. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days, do not contain any personal data, and are therefore not used for personal identification.
If you visit certain pages of our website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we can recognize that you clicked the ad and were redirected to this page.
Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. This means that it is not possible to track cookies via the websites of AdWords customers.
The information collected using a conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who use conversion tracking. Customers can see the total number of users who clicked their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
If you do not wish to participate in tracking, you can object to such use by preventing the installation of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly (opt-out option). You will then no longer be included in the conversion tracking statistics.
Section 10 Marketo
We use Marketo on our website, a service of Marketo EMEA, Ltd. (Red Oak North, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland (“Marketo”)), to collect statistical data about the use of our website, and to optimize our offer accordingly, to provide system-related e-mails and information about individual surfing behavior, downloads of whitepapers, fact sheets, case studies, and similar materials, and to perform e-mail marketing.
For this purpose, one or more cookies are stored on your computer, which are used to collect data for marketing and optimization purposes and to store and process these data on Marketo’s servers. The data collected may be merged with the personal data you provide voluntarily on the website to form a profile. You can object to the creation of a profile by disabling the cookie function in your browser. If you have given us your consent, we will also use your data to inform you about our products and send news. For more information, please see Marketo’s privacy notice at: https://documents.marketo.com/legal/privacy/.
Section 11 Use of Matomo
(1) This website uses the Matomo web analysis service to analyze the use of our website and make regular improvements to it. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offering and make it more attractive to you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Article 6 (1) 1 f) of the GDPR.
(2) Cookies (see Section 3 for details) are stored in your computer for such analysis. The data controller stores information collected in this manner solely on its servers in [Germany]. You can stop information from being analyzed by deleting cookies and preventing cookies from being stored. If you prevent cookies from being stored, please bear in mind that you may not be able to use all the features of this website. You can prevent cookies from being stored by configuring your browser settings. You can prevent the use of Matomo by deselecting the following, thus enabling the opt-out plug-in: [MatomoiFrame].
(3) This website uses Matomo with the “AnonymizeIP” add-on. This means that IP addresses are further processed in shortened form so that a direct link to a person can be ruled out. The IP address transferred by your browser using Matomo will not be combined with any other data that we collect.
(4) The Matomo program is an open source project. Privacy information of the third party provider is available at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
Section 12 Use of social media plug-ins
(2) We have no control over the data collected or data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, processing purposes, or storage periods. We also have no information regarding the deletion of data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as a usage profile and uses this for advertising and market research purposes and/or needs-based design of its website. Such analysis is made (also in the case of users who are not logged in) in order to show needs-based ads and to inform other social network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such a usage profile; to exercise this right, you need to contact the respective plug-in provider. We offer you the option through plug-ins to interact with social networks and other users in order to improve our offering and make it more attractive to you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Article 6 (1) 1 f) of the GDPR.
(4) Data is shared regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider or are logged into an account. If you are logged into the plug-in provider, data that we have collected about you will be assigned directly to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click the enabled button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider will also store this information in your user account and share it publicly with your contacts. We recommend logging out periodically after using a social network, particularly before enabling a button, to prevent assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and their processing by the plug-in providers in the data privacy policies of these providers indicated below. You can also find additional information here about your rights in respect of these providers, and configuration options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and their privacy policies:
a) [Facebook, Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook is certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter is certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
d) T3N, yeebase media GmbH, Kriegerstr. 40, 30161 Hanover, Germany; https://t3n.de/store/page/datenschutz.
e) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn is certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
f) Flattr Network, Ltd., 2nd Floor, White Bear Yard 114A, Clerkenwell Road, London, Middlesex, EC1R 5DF, United Kingdom; https://flattr.com/privacy.]
Section 13 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offering, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly on our website. [All these videos are integrated in “extended data protection mode,” which means that no data about you as the user is transferred to YouTube unless you play the videos. If you play the videos, the data indicated in paragraph 2 will be shared. We have no control over such data sharing.]
Section 14 Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use Google Maps on this website. It allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and allows you easy use of the map function.
Section 15 Use of "Marvin AI" chatbot
This website uses the chatbot "Marvin AI". Marvin AI uses the data provided by the user to point out existing solutions (e.g. from the Knowledge Base) in order to solve user's problems, to order service according to the Service Catalog for the user, to create tickets or to point out status changes of the tickets opened by the user. Marvin AI has access to the email address and the name of the user stored in the user profile in order to forward the user's request to the responsible department of Matrix42 GmbH.
Section 16 Seismic
To help us improve our services, we use the "LiveSend" software solution from Seismic Software, Inc. (Seismic Software, Inc, 12390 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130, USA). LiveSend uses a tracking procedure in which cookies are set. The legal basis for this is the consent of the user in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. a DSGVO. The cookies are only set after consent has been given. The Seismic software provides us with information about which content the user has viewed, when and for how long. The purpose of the Seismic Software is to present our content in the best possible way and to analyze user behavior so that we can continuously improve our products and services and provide users with targeted information.
The following categories of data are processed:
- Date and time of access
- email address
- Location of the user
- Browser type
- Device type
- Name of the content viewed
- How many seconds each page/video was viewed
Recipients of the data are employees from Matrix42's marketing, sales and IT departments as well as IT service providers used.
For the above-mentioned purpose, the data is stored for the period of two weeks after your consent and then automatically deleted.
Users can also use the Seismic solution without giving consent to the LiveSend function. Accordingly, no usage behavior will then be tracked and the user can still use the Seismic solution to its full functional extent.
By sending an email to email@example.com, users can at any time revoke any consent they have already given for the future or assert their right to deletion.
Section 17 Involvement of partners
On the website we provide free information (e.g. user reports). The user is provided with the information after submitting his contact details. Insofar as we indicate that personal data is passed on to partners, this refers to the official Matrix42 partners according to our partner list, available at Find a Partner | Matrix42.