Matrix42 IT Service Management (ITSM) Comprehensive IT service management (ITSM), with full workspace integration
Matrix42 IT Service Management solves all your ITSM challenges with a comprehensive single solution. It fully integrates with all your physical, virtual, mobile, and cloud-based workspace environments, and covers all devices and services, regardless of ownership.
End-to-end business process integration
Including eight major ITIL 2011 processes for any physical, virtual, mobile or cloud-based workspace (Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment, Service Asset & Configuration Management, Service Level Management, Service Portfolio Management, IT Service Catalog Management)
Integrated self-service portal
Self-help options with access to a comprehensive knowledge base (ITIL); automated break-fix scenarios; straightforward incident reporting and tracking, modification requests and a state-of-the-art IT Service Catalog with integrated approvals
Helpdesk function: Enables non-IT staff and users to reliably install, change, or replace computers without IT staff involvement
Service Level Agreements
Automated agreement, compliance, and monitoring of service levels such as the time taken to deploy a newly requested and approved IT service
Integrated license, asset, and contract management
Automatic compliance, license reporting, and application usage tracking
Comprehensive dashboards and reports
For ad-hoc analysis of ITSM KPI and detailed reporting on every process
Enterprise App Store (Matrix42 IT Service Catalog)
Self-service access and an integrated approval process for standardized bundles of company and public apps, within the terms of your corporate access and usage policies
Greater business agility through streamlined processes
- Consolidated, efficient IT service management with one complete, best-in-class solution from a single provider
- Integrated, automated self-service features for users
- Drastically reduced compliance fulfillment cost and effort through built-in and automated compliance management
Lower business risk
- Consolidated, efficient IT service management with a complete, best-in-class solution from the independent market leader in Germany
- Innovative and proven technology that minimizes the risk of making necessary changes to your IT infrastructure
- Secure integration of the most popular apps and cloud services into a controllable IT environment, eliminating the occurrence of a potentially dangerous ‘shadow IT’
- Profound expertise and experience gained through thousands of successful deployments
Increased end-user productivity and satisfaction with IT
- Efficient, effective working with fast, flexible and anytime, anywhere access to a personalized workspace on any device
- Enhanced satisfaction with IT through closer consultation on user requirements and fast, self-service user access to the right applications, whenever they are needed
- Fast issue resolution through transparent service levels
- Smoother workflows by minimizing service downtime usually associated with hardware and software configuration, installation and updates
Optimized costs, maximum value
- Free up resources with automated workspace management, and integrated self-service and compliance fulfillment features
- Shortest route to ROI due to lean infrastructure requirements
- Integration of asset, contract, and license management with usage analysis features that enable continuous IT cost optimization (ITIL)
- Optimized ROI through ability to develop and use proprietary apps for core processes
Physical workspace automation (ITSM)
An employee wants a new app for his Windows, Apple, or Linux device.
Thanks to its integration with Matrix42 Physical, Matrix42 IT Service Management (ITSM) enables the employee to:
- Make a self-service request via the integrated Enterprise App Store (Matrix42 IT Service Catalog) or native iOS app (Matrix42 iPhone and iPad apps)
- Receive approval quickly thanks to automated communication and approval processes
- Automate the installation of the app without help from IT staff
- Ensure the app is invoiced correctly and automatically
Mobile lifecycle management (BYOD)
An employee wants to use his private smartphone at his workspace.
Thanks to its integration with Matrix42 Physical, Matrix42 IT Service Management enables the employee to:
- Activate his device by using the self-service portal (Matrix42 ITService Catalog) over his Matrix42 mobile app
- Automatically send a configuration request
- Receive a token-based authentication via e-mail following approval
- Quickly access the corporate network, e-mail, applications and documents (ITIL)
- Access simple single-sign on with secured authentication by using public key infrastructure-based certificates
- Service desk staff can block access to corporate data on the device without affecting personal data and settings
Accounting for license compliance
A license administrator wants to check compliance status and identify opportunities for cost optimization.
Through its integration with Matrix42 Compliance, Matrix42 IT Service Management (ITSM) enables the employee to:
- Check authorization against requirements based on a consolidated view of deployment and usage
- Check for missing licenses, identify opportunities to return unused licenses and other potential cost-savings such as bundling product purchases
- Document new license purchases and capture relevant data
- Approve the new compliance status and send a corresponding update to managers
Simplified control over all your IT assets
Matrix42 Asset Management consolidates data about all your IT assets into one, easy-to-use web-based system, giving you full transparency and self-service control over every asset with a few clicks.
- Single, centralized easy-to-use system for managing all of your physical and virtual computers, mobile devices, SIM cards, peripheral devices, network devices and universal assets.
- Automatic assignment of hardware and software to users.
- Centralized communication capabilities for easier collaboration and faster enquiry resolution.
- Import wizardsthat collect and transfer asset data into the central asset management database.
- One-click reporting on your IT asset inventory about organizational and personal allocation.
- Standardized stock management of IT hardware and other physical assets.
- Built-in data interface for 3rd-party IT management systems.
- Greater management efficiency across the entire asset lifecycle through full transparency over all IT assets.
- Lower costs by eliminating unnecessary purchases with unutilized assets and preventing asset loss.
- Shorter delivery times on hardware and software orders for users.
- More time for IT professionals to work on more valuable projects.
- Ensuring return on investment in IT assets.
- Better decision-making on requisition, replacement or upgrade of IT assets.
- Lower business and financial risk through easier audit and compliance fulfillment.
Efficient and simple IT Service Management to go
Matrix42 Mobile Apps provide mobile users with convenient, self-service access to the corporate IT Service Catalog and lets service technicians manage incidents conveniently on the go. With your Apple iPhone or iPad, comprehensive IT support is just a few swipes away – anywhere, anytime.
- Mobile Service Catalog: Enables users to request any hardware, software or service from the corporate Service Catalog, and allows line managers to approve service requests anytime and anywhere.
- Mobile Support: User access to incident reporting, tracking progress of support tickets and the central knowledge base.
- Company News: Proactive user updates on public company news including corporate Twitter and Facebook feeds, and downtime or maintenance window announcements.
- Company Address Book: Enables users to locate contacts from the organization’s directory and add them to their iPhone’s address book, get directions or place calls with a few swipes.
- Mobile Incident Management: Convenient on-the-go management, processing and resolution of incidents, and access to the knowledge base for service technicians. (only available for iPad)
- Increased user satisfaction through faster access to services and support, and greater transparency over order or support ticket status.
- Enhanced value and image of IT through improved service, communication, responsiveness and process transparency.
- Up to 80% faster service request approvals, by enabling managers to make decisions on the go.
- Reduced IT services expenditure through simple cost control and the return of unutilized services for users or department managers.
- Increased mobility for Service Desk workers through incident management and processing on the go. (only available for iPad)
Significant cost reduction with automated ITIL incident, problem and change management
Matrix42 Service Desk is a web-based portal that simplifies and automates your IT support processes for users and service technicians. The system accelerates issue resolution, eliminates time-consuming manual support tasks, improves the service delivered to end users, and saves you up to 20% on your support costs.
- A single, centralized, and user-friendly web-based help desk for unified management of all support tickets.
- Self-service portal and knowledge base enabling users to resolve their own support issues.
- Automated support ticket creation, prioritization and distribution to the appropriate technician.
- Integration with Matrix42 License Management, Contract Management and Asset Management for continuous monitoring of compliance obligations and risks, IT usage, and costs.
- Bi-directional interface with an Active Directory to assign rights and passwords.
- One-click software installation directly via a support ticket.
- Built-in escalation management that proactively issues alerts if support response times are too long, and suggests solutions when multiple incidents occur.
- Break and fix tools for simple common administration tasks such as unlocking accounts, granting security privileges or installing software.
- Detailed reporting on activities, deadlines and service levels.
- Up to 20% lower IT support costs through extensive task automation.
- Reduced risk of financial penalties for breached SLAs through automated processes that improve service levels and ensure compliance.
- Significant time savings for IT staff with access to case information in 1-3 clicks.
- Reduced stress and greater job satisfaction for IT professionals who are free to focus on value generation instead of admin.
- Greater user satisfaction through self-service issue resolution, faster response times, higher service levels and improved communication from IT.
- Enhanced user productivity and reduced downtime through proactive communication about planned downtime, self-scheduling of updates or changes, and faster issue resolution.
- Greater insight into IT workloads that enables problem areas to be identified and addressed rapidly.
Automated user self-service that reduces your IT support costs significantly
Matrix42 Service Catalog is an automated, self-service portal available online and via Matrix42’s iPhone and iPad apps, that provides users with a fast, easy but controlled way to order and access IT services from any device. This reduces help desk calls by up to 40% and cuts support costs by up to 70%.
- Intuitive self-service access for users to tailored portfolios of IT and non-IT services within the terms of corporate, IT and compliance policies.
- Automated approval processes and visualized information on progress, current status and next steps for all service requests.
- Easy integration of automated service provisioning tools, such as software distribution, Active Directory management, VDI, scripting engines or security management.
- Seamless integration into your service desk to simplify and streamline manual provisioning tasks.
- Automatic service cross-charging based on actual consumption.
- Up to 70% lower IT support costs through automated business and technical service request processes.
- Improved user satisfaction through fast, easy service request and fulfillment.
- Greater accountability and cost transparency for the IT department.
- Lower business risk through simplified compliance fulfillment, thanks to automatic alignment of service requests with defined policies.
- More resources available for value creation through IT, with up to 40% fewer help desk calls.
- Improved image for IT through improved efficiency, user satisfaction and cost transparency.
Fast, easy workflow design and management
Matrix42 Workflow Studio is a new graphical design tool for creating and modifying IT service delivery workflows such as approval processes, provisioning tasks or change management workflows.
- Integration of design tool into management console for fast access and easy collaborative editing of workflow designs.
- A comprehensive repository of activities, templates and entire workflows.
- Dedicated wizards and flexible categorization to manage even very large repositories.
- Integrated versioning and workflow history for managing changes.
- Visual workflow tracking for easy identification and analysis of issues.
- Repository extensions and staging support for extension of workflows with imported new or 3rd-party activities or components.
- Process automation through easy integration of workflows into the existing workspace management framework.
- Better, faster workflow design through intuitive interfaces and easy collaborative editing of workflows, components and templates.
- Successful workflow execution guaranteed through automated creation of new versions, and easy restoration and republication of old versions.
- Fast resolution of workflow issues through status monitoring and real-time analysis.
- Accommodation of any workflow scenario with easy import and integration of new and 3rd-party activities or components.
- Greater process efficiency through automation enabled by easy integration of workflows into the workspace management framework.
Help users wherever they are and control any system in seconds
The Matrix42 Remote Control Add-on enables support technicians to provide live, online support at any time by letting them access any user’s system in seconds, even if it’s protected by firewalls.
- Remote control via the cloud, enabling control over remote workers' laptops and PCs at home, at a hotel, or the office next door with just an internet connection.
- Multiple connections to a single device, allowing direct access to unattended computers, or on demand sessions with user interaction.
- Multi-screen support, allowing extended support capabilities through white boarding, audio and video, and exchangeable viewing direction.
- Terminal server support, enabling troubleshooting and remote control of terminal server sessions with a browser via full Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) integration – no VPN connection required.
- 256-bit AES encryption, ensuring security and compliance with Active Desktop or passphrase authentication, and comprehensive logging to prevent abuse.
- In-session integrated file transfer between host and master, including upload and download functionality with integrated rights and role management.
- Integrated port mapping, for establishing a trusted network link and allowing access to LAN services from admin during remote session.
- System customization and multi-language reporting, to support corporate design, functional needs and security standards.
- Complete control with a 100% overview of all your systems at all times.
- Resolve problems faster and more cost-effectively via multiple support functions and rapid screen redraw.
- More value from IT with less time, effort and money spent on fixing devices onsite.
- Maximum productivity for mobile workers with anytime, anywhere help desk access that’s easy to use – no training or software installation required.
- Increased user satisfaction through faster problem resolution, minimal downtime and the scheduling of maintenance at convenient times, such as when the device is not in use.
- Simple scalability that allows the system to grow with your business and manage up to a million clients.