Matrix42 Compliance Simplified license management, increased IT asset transparency, and maximum cost savings potential
Matrix42 Compliance offers you an integrated, automated solution that covers all your IT assets, licenses, and contracts by IT assetmanagement and License management. IT employees are freed from onerous management tasks thanks to self-service functions. Automation helps prevent compliance breaches at the same time.
Full compliance management across physical, virtual, mobile, and cloud-based environments Accounts for installation, usage, access, and user/device groups
IT asset lifecycle management
All physical and virtual devices and SIM cards with inventory forecasts
License lifecycle management
Management of all purchased software licenses with automatic alignments within the license balance sheet
Contract lifecycle management
Across master agreements and purchase requisition, including cost planning and tracking
Identification of unwanted software
Matrix42 detects unauthorized software installations, checks the license requirements, and automatically informs the administrator
Flexible hardware and software inventory data
Detect devices on your local network and scan them automatically to capture hardware configuration and software installations
Comprehensive software recognition
The Matrix42 License Intelligence Service (LIS) cloud automatically recognizes one million different application fingerprints
Self-service Enterprise App Store (Matrix42 Service Catalog)
Provides users with access to applications and other services within the terms of your corporate IT policies
Automatic tracking and alerts
Identifies and automates the management of unauthorized software installations
Includes task, memo and appointment collaboration that also enables clear auditing for all responsibilities and processes
Efficient risk assessment
Avoid the financial risks of compliance failures and reduce your employees’ workload with automated software compliance. Ensure control and transparency with accurate usage, license compliance, and cost information on-demand.
Optimize your software and hardware costs
Optimize inventory with an accurate audit of assets, how they are being used, and by whom. Stop paying for unused software and hardware. Ensure timely license renewals and prevent unnecessary ones through proactive notification of deadlines. This allows you to renegotiate licenses and contracts with vendors based on actual requirements.
Maximize user satisfaction
Enable user self-service features without risking compliance issues. Maximize users’ productivity and satisfaction by ensuring they have access to compliant and automatically updated versions of the software they need.
Unauthorized software deployment detection
A user installs an unauthorized application.
Thanks to the Matrix42 Workspace Compliance solution it is possible to automatically:
- Report that the installation has occurred
- Determine whether a license is required
- Inform the license administrator
- The license administrator can then subsequently approve the installation or remove the application
Software request and approval with software asset management
A user selects an application from the Matrix42 Service Catalog and submits an installation request.
Thanks to the Matrix42 Workspace Compliance solution it is possible to automatically:
- Notify the relevant manager and enable fast approval or rejection
- Activate the software deployment tool to install the application with no IT intervention needed
- Keep the user informed and satisfied with a fast, efficient IT service
- Reconcile license compliance for each respective software product
Accounting for license compliance
A license administrator wants to check compliance status and identify opportunities for cost optimization.
Thanks to the Matrix42 Workspace Compliance solution, the license administrator can:
- Check the request against requirements based on a consolidated view of deployment and usage
- Check for missing licenses, identify opportunities to return unused licenses, and uncover other potential cost-savings such as bundling product purchases
- Document new license purchases and capture relevant data
- Approve the new compliance status and send a corresponding update to managers
Complete contract transparency that saves you money
Matrix42 Contract Management simplifies and automates many of your complex contract management tasks by providing a secure, centralized and web-based repository for all your supplier contracts and agreements.
- Automation of time-consuming complex contract management tasks.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use interfaces for accessing status updates, uploading new contracts and running reports.
- Proactive notification about contract renewal and termination dates, audits, control visits and other important events.
- Built-in templates for common contracts and agreements.
- One-click generation of interactive reporting on utilization rates, contract analysis, cost forecasting and more.
- Rich configuration and rights management options to tailor the environment and access permissions to your requirements.
- Complete transparency over the status of all your contracts and agreements.
- Greater efficiency and more time to spend on more valuable tasks.
- Elimination of unnecessary spending through easy identification of contracts that don’t justify renewal.
- Easier, more accurate cost planning per contract with aggregated reporting across departments and cost categories.
- Simple, accurate, fast fulfillment of compliance requirements.
- Enhanced decision-making based on complete, accurate, up-to-date contract information.
- Flexible, scalable control of your contract portfolio as it grows.
Simplified control over all your IT assets
Matrix42 Asset Management consolidates data about all your IT assets into one, easy-to-use web-based system, giving you full transparency and self-service control over every asset with a few clicks.
- Single, centralized easy-to-use system for managing all of your physical and virtual computers, mobile devices, SIM cards, peripheral devices, network devices and universal assets.
- Automatic assignment of hardware and software to users.
- Centralized communication capabilities for easier collaboration and faster enquiry resolution.
- Import wizardsthat collect and transfer asset data into the central asset management database.
- One-click reporting on your IT asset inventory about organizational and personal allocation.
- Standardized stock management of IT hardware and other physical assets.
- Built-in data interface for 3rd-party IT management systems.
- Greater management efficiency across the entire asset lifecycle through full transparency over all IT assets.
- Lower costs by eliminating unnecessary purchases with unutilized assets and preventing asset loss.
- Shorter delivery times on hardware and software orders for users.
- More time for IT professionals to work on more valuable projects.
- Ensuring return on investment in IT assets.
- Better decision-making on requisition, replacement or upgrade of IT assets.
- Lower business and financial risk through easier audit and compliance fulfillment.
Efficient and simple IT Service Management to go
Matrix42 Mobile Apps provide mobile users with convenient, self-service access to the corporate IT Service Catalog and lets service technicians manage incidents conveniently on the go. With your Apple iPhone or iPad, comprehensive IT support is just a few swipes away – anywhere, anytime.
- Mobile Service Catalog: Enables users to request any hardware, software or service from the corporate Service Catalog, and allows line managers to approve service requests anytime and anywhere.
- Mobile Support: User access to incident reporting, tracking progress of support tickets and the central knowledge base.
- Company News: Proactive user updates on public company news including corporate Twitter and Facebook feeds, and downtime or maintenance window announcements.
- Company Address Book: Enables users to locate contacts from the organization’s directory and add them to their iPhone’s address book, get directions or place calls with a few swipes.
- Mobile Incident Management: Convenient on-the-go management, processing and resolution of incidents, and access to the knowledge base for service technicians. (only available for iPad)
- Increased user satisfaction through faster access to services and support, and greater transparency over order or support ticket status.
- Enhanced value and image of IT through improved service, communication, responsiveness and process transparency.
- Up to 80% faster service request approvals, by enabling managers to make decisions on the go.
- Reduced IT services expenditure through simple cost control and the return of unutilized services for users or department managers.
- Increased mobility for Service Desk workers through incident management and processing on the go. (only available for iPad)
Proactive license management that reduces risk and cost
Matrix42 License Management empowers organizations with a fully centralized management system. It provides capabilities for process-oriented monitoring and management of license compliance while involving end-users too. The module provides automatic reporting about unused licenses and missing entitlements, enabling continuous optimization of your software investments.
- Customizable settings for automatic compliance reconciliation with metrics for all vendors.
- Proactive notification about failed compliance and expiring licenses.
- Powerful reporting on license inventory, compliance and cost saving potential.
- Seamless integration with other Matrix42 IT asset management tools.
- Save up to 30% of software costs by identifying unused or underutilized licenses.
- Minimize resources needed for license management and audit fulfillment.
- Avoid financial penalties for compliance failures or non-compliant rollouts.
- Secure fast ROI through easy, rapid integration with your existing IT infrastructure.
- Rely on a proven solution used by more than 1500+ customers.
- Align IT more closely with business needs through complete visibility of software assets and usage patterns.
Eliminate unnecessary costs with 100% IT inventory transparency
Matrix42 Inventory, part of the Matrix42 Asset Management module, is a standalone tool for giving you complete visibility over all the devices and applications running on your network. It can also be integrated either with your existing software management system, or with other Matrix42 modules, to automate many of your inventory tasks and improve the quality of your IT services.
- A consolidated view of your IT inventory for 100% asset transparency.
- Detailed data on every device on your network, from PCs to peripherals, including all installed software, configurations or device specifications.
- Easy integration with Matrix42 Workspace Compliance and other workspace management modules for simple task automation.
- Quick view of system hardware and software via integration with your help desk system.
- Greater control over IT inventory through 100% asset visibility.
- Elimination of time-consuming IT inventory management tasks through automation.
- Smoother software rollouts by avoiding conflicts with already installed software.
- Lower IT costs through identification and removal of unused applications, contracts and hardware.
- Easier troubleshooting through fast access to at-a-glance system information.
Automated user self-service that reduces your IT support costs significantly
Matrix42 Service Catalog is an automated, self-service portal available online and via Matrix42’s iPhone and iPad apps, that provides users with a fast, easy but controlled way to order and access IT services from any device. This reduces help desk calls by up to 40% and cuts support costs by up to 70%.
- Intuitive self-service access for users to tailored portfolios of IT and non-IT services within the terms of corporate, IT and compliance policies.
- Automated approval processes and visualized information on progress, current status and next steps for all service requests.
- Easy integration of automated service provisioning tools, such as software distribution, Active Directory management, VDI, scripting engines or security management.
- Seamless integration into your service desk to simplify and streamline manual provisioning tasks.
- Automatic service cross-charging based on actual consumption.
- Up to 70% lower IT support costs through automated business and technical service request processes.
- Improved user satisfaction through fast, easy service request and fulfillment.
- Greater accountability and cost transparency for the IT department.
- Lower business risk through simplified compliance fulfillment, thanks to automatic alignment of service requests with defined policies.
- More resources available for value creation through IT, with up to 40% fewer help desk calls.
- Improved image for IT through improved efficiency, user satisfaction and cost transparency.
Fast, easy workflow design and management
Matrix42 Workflow Studio is a new graphical design tool for creating and modifying IT service delivery workflows such as approval processes, provisioning tasks or change management workflows.
- Integration of design tool into management console for fast access and easy collaborative editing of workflow designs.
- A comprehensive repository of activities, templates and entire workflows.
- Dedicated wizards and flexible categorization to manage even very large repositories.
- Integrated versioning and workflow history for managing changes.
- Visual workflow tracking for easy identification and analysis of issues.
- Repository extensions and staging support for extension of workflows with imported new or 3rd-party activities or components.
- Process automation through easy integration of workflows into the existing workspace management framework.
- Better, faster workflow design through intuitive interfaces and easy collaborative editing of workflows, components and templates.
- Successful workflow execution guaranteed through automated creation of new versions, and easy restoration and republication of old versions.
- Fast resolution of workflow issues through status monitoring and real-time analysis.
- Accommodation of any workflow scenario with easy import and integration of new and 3rd-party activities or components.
- Greater process efficiency through automation enabled by easy integration of workflows into the workspace management framework.